Monday, May 4, 2009

An Opportunity without a Chance


I am getting ready for an inevitable rejection.

To prepare myself for my own vortex of never-ending despair I have stock piled all the things I will need to get me through.

These things are:

Tissues – some are for crying. The others are for mixing with water to make myself a Tissue – Mache hat, for when I get bored in the very lonely place I will take myself to.

Torch - so that I can always remember the light in my time of darkness; and also so I can shine a light on the wall and play shadow puppets.

Tea-bags – inevitably I will be crying hot-salty tears. This will dehydrate me. So I will collect all those tears then dip in tea-bags, re-digest and hey presto, tasty hydration. Some say make lemonade out of lemons, I say make tea from tears.

Tools – there will be a moment in my anger and self-loathing where I will think I shall live in this angry moment forever. I need the necessary tools to dig myself out of this. Tools like confidence, passion and a shovel.

Television – I will watch a lot of this. Nothing more. I will just watch a lot.

All these things start with T. T is the 20th letter of the alphabet, therefore, I think it will take me 20 years to get over this horrible rejection.

In that time I could have had a family, found true love, studied for multiple degrees.

Instead I will wallow. All because someone gave me an opportunity of a lifetime. Good one dickheads.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/04/2009

    perhaps, you should consider not insulting those who will make the decision regarding your future happiness. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. insults or banter? hmmmm, think about it...

    ReplyDelete